On Oct. 14 at Nashville’s Music City Center, the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame inducted its Class of 2019: Larry Gatlin, Dwight Yoakam, Marcus Hummon, Kostas, Rivers Rutherford and Sharon Vaughn.
The star-studded dinner and induction ceremony featured performances from a cache of country luminaries who performed songs from the inductees’ catalogs, including Garth Brooks (“My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys”), Brandy Clark (“The Heart That You Own”), Vince Gill (“I’ve Done Enough Dyin’ Today”), The Oak Ridge Boys (“All the Gold in California”), Brooks & Dunn (“Ain’t Nothing ’Bout You”), Holly Williams (“Timber, I’m Falling In Love”), Sara Evans (“Born to Fly”) and more.
The six new inductees follow in the footsteps of more than 200 previous honorees, including Kris Kristofferson, Guy Clark, Merle Haggard, Tom T. Hall, Buck Owens, John Prine, Tammy Wynette, Jerry Reed, Dolly Parton and more.
Class of 2019 (with partial songwriting credits)
- Marcus Hummon: “Cowboy Take Me Away” (The Dixie Chicks), “Born To Fly” (Sara Evans) and “Bless The Broken Road” (Rascal Flatts)
- Kostas: “Timber, I’m Falling In Love” (Patty Loveless), “Blame It On Your Heart” (Patty Loveless) and “Ain’t That Lonely Yet” (Dwight Yoakam)
- Rivers Rutherford: “Real Good Man” (Tim McGraw), “When I Get Where I’m Going” (Brad Paisley w/ Dolly Parton) and “Ain’t Nothing ’Bout You” (Brooks & Dunn)
- Dwight Yoakam: “Guitars, Cadillacs,” “Fast As You” and “You’re The One,”
- Sharon Vaughn: “My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys” (Willie Nelson), “Y’all Come Back Saloon” (The Oak Ridge Boys) and “Lonely Too Long” (Patty Loveless)
- Larry Gatlin: “All The Gold In California,” “Statues Without Hearts” and “Broken Lady”
Check out our red carpet photo gallery from the induction ceremony, courtesy of Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com.
photos by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com